Thursday, July 4, 2013

Pure Wool stockings

I've been thinking about it for a long time, and yesterday I finally finished my first stocking out of pure wool. I used Donegal Tweed, maybe the best Irish wool. There are quite a few color choices too, although I miss my deep Christmas green. 

 
Christmas stocking made out of Donegal Tweed.


Next weekend I'm going to start one in green. I needed 3 balls of Donegal tweed yarn, I used less stitches and got the same width as my other Christmas stockings. So that's good on the one hand, it's quicker, but if I want to add a name to the top it has to be a pretty short name. It's not coming out well on this picture, but the yarn is a little speckled which makes it look interesting.

I will set up a listing in my Etsy shop soon for this. I need to take a close up photo to show off the nice yarn. 

No comments:

Post a Comment